Pupil Premium 2015 - 2016
At Aldbrough School
- we ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils
- we ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed
- in making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged
- we also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
Pupil premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals. Limited funding and resources means that not all children receiving free school meals will be in receipt of pupil premium interventions at one time.
- HLTA to deal with Nurture Groups.
- Extra teaching to suport pupils in Y5/6 in literacy & numeracy as part of a small group.
- Extra support within classroom situation for all year groups
To pay for
- Group visits to enrich the Curriculum
- Extra curricular activities such as music, dance lessons and sports clubs
- Musical instruments
- Clothing and sports kits
- Emotional training for HLTA
- Refurbishment of nurture room
- Visitors into School to provide extra curricular work
- One to One and support in small groups to improve literacy and numeracy
- groups of Year 5/6 children, in order to attain two levels of progress
- children to enable them to experience visits, cross curricular residential and historical enrichment activities
- vulnerable children so that they can access to a trained ELSA
children to enable them to take part in extra curricular activities.